Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Big Apple

I HEART NYC :) I heart NYC more in the winter time. This past weekend I went with my mom, sister, and mother-in-law to the BIG APPLE! We had such a great time. I love going when it is cold and even when it snows! However, it was not too cold of weather this time.....last January when Jenny, Laura, Kristen and I went it was -9 wind chill FREEZING!!! We arrived Friday and jumped off the plane and headed to Canal street. We then went back to the hotel to get ready for our nice dinner out at STKhouse! What an AMAZING dinner! I think we can all say our favorite was the steak fries....oh and of course our steaks :) Then after dinner we headed to The View restaurant and lounge for Dessert! The View is in the Marriott Marquis and it rotates with views of Times Square! The next day, like always, we woke up EARLY and headed out for more shopping, sight seeing, and EATING :) We finally headed back to the hotel, Hyatt Grand Central, and got ready for the theatre. We went to see Grease. I loved all the music..I was kinda disappointed that the play did not follow the story and was different than the movie...OH WELL I still had a great time. After the theatre we headed to Carmines for a post theatre dinner at 11:00pm :) Then we decided it was about time to head back to get ready for flight home the next day. Before we left on Sunday, we ate at a diner called Pershing square...GREAT BREAKFAST!! Sunday was by far the COLDEST day we were there. We all had a BLAST and await our next trip to NYC...hopefully around Christmas time :)


Standing in the taxi line



Our UPGRADED room...View of The Chrysler Building (don't know if I would really call this an UPGRADE)



Standing in the Hyatt lobby



Sisters :)


Eating a hot dog on Canal Street YUMMMMMM :)

Times Square

Our visit to Fox News...it was OFF air :(

My sister, mom, and me

Before the theatre


the fam
Grease....was not too happy with this show, but loved the music
Our Grease Souvenirs
Our last dinner at Carmines before we left :(



5 comments:

allyo said...

I was wondering where you have been. I am so jealous! You are becoming a frequent visitor of NY. Looks like another successful trip. Miss you.

MAV

campers said...

so much fun!!! I love the pics! Y'all look so cute in your black and white!

Laura said...

Glad you had so much fun in NYC! Aren't you glad we have a sister?! I love that yal match too, we love doing that! I miss you and can't wait to go back to the big apple with you!

whitney said...

Glad you had fun!!! Seeing JT in NYC was the best thing EVER with you!!! :)

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

YESSS! You didn't take a picture of all of your purchases! :)