Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Go Fly A Kite

This week my parents came to visit Mason and Miss Madelyn :) They never come empty handed...and this trip they came with a Kite! Not just any kite a CARS kite with Lightening McQueen and Tow Mater on it ;) He LOVED it...and so did Marcus. It was a WINDY day out, thank goodness, so after Mason woke from his nap Papa, Mason, Daddy, Mommy went to fly his Cars kite. It did not take long before the kite was soaring in the sky! However we did have some kite crashes...into the house and in the lake, but that did not stop Papa from getting the kite back high in the sky. After a while Mason wanted to ride his bike so Marcus took the kite to the front yard and had more fun flying it than Mason did! The next day Papa decided that the kite was not high enough in the sky and that it needed longer string, so we trekked out to Target and Walmart in search for longer kite string. We found it and that afternoon the kite took off again HIGHER in the sky. That is when I decided I need to try flying it! I was not quite the kite flyer Mason and Daddy are....because within a few seconds of me flying it....Lightening McQueen took a nose dive right into the lake....on the opposite side of the lake from our house. Needless to say...the $5 kite was a GREAT purchase for the WHOLE FAMILY :) excluding me...I will just take the pictures next time!

























1 comment:

The Logans said...

Looks like yall had a great week! I love flying kites, but I'm not too good at it either. I definitely buy the cheap ones! Talk to you soon.