Monday, July 30, 2007

The invitations are ordered.....


WOW!! How fast this year has flown! In just a few short weeks my lil guy, bubba, my love will turn 1. How did that happen??? It seems like yesterday I was preparing for his arrival, yet at the same time it feels like he has been a part of our family forever!! Mason IS the BEST. There are so many things I already miss about him from when he was newborn, yet I absolutely LOVE watching Mason grow, learn, and explore. I can see it in his eyes, he is curious, caring, interested, and amazed with the world around him.




I LOVE:






  • when he plays with my neclace


  • when he looks into my eyes and gives me a huge smile


  • when he runs up to my leg and hugs me


  • when Marcus gets home and Mason runs to his dad and his face lights up


  • when he talks as he is going to sleep


  • when he wants a drink or something to eat he comes up to me and takes out his passy


  • when he plays peek a boo with me


  • when he says ma ma ma ma when he is ready to get out of bed


  • when he rolls over and plays with my nose (not hard to miss :) to wake me up when we nap together


  • when he holds out his hand for me to walk with him


  • when runs and lays his hed on me when he is tired and ready for his nap


  • when he laughs when we feed him pizza (he could eat a whole slice or two!!)


  • how he hugs his bear and leans in to give him a kiss

  • how he smiles at others until they smile back at him

  • how he squints his face to smile

  • how he laughs when he eats something new that he likes

  • how he lays his head on my chest when he wants to rest

  • to stare at him and tell him I love you as many times a day as I can!


I can't even wrap my mind around how fast he has grown and changed in just a YEAR. I have ordered his birthday invitations and I guess I am "ready" for his 1st birthday, but I will be in tears thinking how fast my lil guy is growing right before my eyes. One day he will be taller than me, picking me up, and hopefully taking care of me when I am old and gray, but for now....I am enjoying every lil precious moment together and realize how BLESSED I am to be Mason's mom!!





4 comments:

The Logans said...

I can't wait to share all of those moments with my little guy! Mason is so precious. He makes me really look forward to having a little boy.

Laura said...

Yippee you posted! I have missed talking to you every morning this week! It will be better next! Mason is precious, I hope to see you both really soon! Laney can't wait to meet him! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by either, you are a Momma! I can't wait! Love you!

campers said...

wow...I can't believe he is almost one! He just gets cuter and cuter!

whitney said...

I love reading about Mason - I hope to someday have a relationship like you do with my future baby :) Mason is a blessing and is probably the most precious little boy I've ever seen!!!