Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Sweet Home

There are so many meanings to this title. First, October is the 1st month this year we have spent the FULL month HOME on the weekends. I would like to say this is the 1st month we have not purchased plane tickets for somewhere, but that is not true. Marcus did get to go to the Red Sox vs. Angels game at Fenway Park to watch his friend John pitch, but that was a Tuesday night. But the traveling begins again very soon!

The first weekend I posted about last post...we had a FULL weekend home getting our first haircut and going to the pumpkin patch.

The next weekend my friend Leigh Ann came down to help me pick out stuff for the house we are building!! THANKS SO VERY MUCH Leigh Ann. It was great to see her and catch up where we left off the last time I saw her. She was a great help....we got EVERYTHING done even though we drove all over Houston to tile shops and paint shops that were CLOSED...we still managed with our expertise help to get it all done....and without any FIGHTS between Marcus or I.....(Leigh Ann...we will be painting the wine grotto MERLOT!!) Also just before I had to take her back to the airport she came to the house to see Mason. Can I just say Mason has a new BFF!!





















This past weekend we had a birthday party we went to. Mason's Uncle Monte kept him while we danced the night away to the Spazmatics!!! If you have never seen this band play YOU HAVE TO!!! I was cracking up the whole night and hardly able to dance they were the funniest thing! They are dressed up like nerds and play great 80's tunes. They play in Ft. Worth, Austin and Houston. Marcus' friend hired them for his wife's party. It was a great time!

Also, this week I went to visit my parents and saw sweet Laney again. She just keeps getting more precious each time I see her. I was holding her and Mason at the same time.....he did not quite know what to think. At first I think he was a little upset seeing his momma hold another baby, but he warmed up to Laney....he just wanted to touch her sweet face :) Laura has all the pictures :( so I don't have one to post.

And on to this coming weekend. We are still busy but going to relax because the next two weekends we will have big weekends traveling to a wedding and to Marcus' 10 yr high school reunion!! I can't believe mine will be this coming year!! WOW time flies....but it will be great to see everyone and where their lives have headed since high school.

Also, Our house has been started...they put the form down and next is the plumbing then they will pour the foundation.....I can't wait to see it be built from NOTHING and made into our home!!

He's the General around our house!
Standing inside the house!
The house framed for the foundation (sorry so dark)
The fountain that we will see from the back of the house.

4 comments:

campers said...

I love weekends at home! Looks like tons of fun!

The Logans said...

Wow, I can't wait to see your house. It sounds amazing and all the others around look amazing! Kagen and I will have to make the trip there next summer. Maybe even Zach can come (like he ever has a free moment). Only 6 weeks til Kagen's due date!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh I love the spazmatics! I am so glad you got to see leigh ann and get stuff done for the house! miss you, we hope to see you soon again!!

whitney said...

I love Mason's "General" shirt!!! :)