Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bitter Sweet

Our first home.....4 years later a new baby......and now moving on. If you know me, for a long time I have been wanting to move. I couldn't leave this house fast enough. I was ready to pitch a tent on our land we have on the Brazos. I could fish, WE COULD have survived. Ok, maybe a stretch. I don't think the HOA would have allowed it, but I was ready for something new. A new neighborhood, a bigger place, sidewalks to stroll Mason on, a front yard to play in (ours now is on a busy street), those are just a few things I wanted in our new home. Now that the time is getting near I look at our four walls (ok...i know there are many more) our roof which has kept us safe, and the home Marcus and I made here with our son, and will miss this little house we call home. It was the first home Mason ever knew. He sure does know it well now...where to run...where to hide...where he sleeps...where he takes his bath. It is his territory. I know moving will be a big adjustment for him, not knowing his surroundings, but I know this move is for the best. He will have tons of playing room, running room, hiding room, stairs to climb (we have mastered going up, but not quite down yet!! We will be working on this) a playground, and a pool (we will be enrolling for swimming lessons this summer) all to discover. I will have a work out facility(NO MORE EXCUESES) :) As for now our stuff still fills this house our life is still here, but when the day comes and we have to empty our first home I WILL be saddened, but excited for what lies ahead!


Work in progress:





5 comments:

Laura said...

I hear ya, leaving places and starting fresh has always bittersweet to me too! Even those places I have loathed there were things to miss. But you get to have a new beautiful home with new memories with your family. Still, I understand! I miss you!

whitney said...

I'm so exicted about your house!!! When they get the walls up it will start feeling bigger inside, I promise :)

allyo said...

Wow!!! Can't wait to visit!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

everytime i look at your blog it seems mason has grown SO MUCH...he is such a little man! he is so cute and looks so innocent! that is so exciting about your new house!

My {Oh} My Musings said...

wow...the house looks like it is going to be amazing! can't wait to see the finished project!!