Saturday, August 02, 2008

Mind Your Own Business

People just don't know when to keep their mouths shut! While I was visiting my parents we went to the mall and were at The Children's Place store. We were checking out and Mason was tugging on some shoes! By the way, my son LOVES shoes...he loves to put them on, take them off, choose the shoes he will wear for the day, and change shoes all day long. He loves to wear our shoes too :) It is cute! (except when we are headed out the door and he doesn't want to wear the shoes that I have picked out for him ) Anyways, Mason was tugging on some baby girl shoes by the check out counter. I was saying "no bubba, we are about to go get you some shoes those are girl shoes" When the lady at the check out register next to me had to chime in!!!! Her comment exactly, "You might as well go ahead and enroll him into gymnastics and start piano lessons" YES there are boys who do both of these things but she proceeded to finish her comment with a lil hand gesture....a LIMP HAND GESTURE!!! My sister chimed in HE IS ALL BOY!!!! I about shouted out...well I will leave it to your imagination.....

8 comments:

allyo said...

I would have had hand jestures for her as well.

S, J, B, & S said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my gosh, I would have been SOOO MAD! I just can't believe how so many people - mostly other moms - say and do the most idiotic things. I can tell just from pictures that Mason is all boy!

The Logans said...

How annoying! People drive me crazy with their comments sometimes.

Laura said...

I think I would have kicked her a. I seriously think people need to not give unsoliciated advice and Mason is so boy!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb lady, miss you!

whitney said...

Some people have some NERVE!!!

Andi said...

That is crazy! And congrats on baby #2.
Andi

the thorntons said...

Oh, I might've just gone completely off! I agree with Mav...a "hand guesture" (preferably using finger #3) might have been really appropriate for her.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

although she was totally out of line, I am laughing thinking snout what you could have said!