Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mason's First Day of School

With a good nights rest and read for the big day...Mason was off to his first day of school! He had been to summer day camps that is sorta like MDO before so this wasn't our first rodeo :) We had already met his teachers and found his classrooms and met some of his friends (6 boys 2 girls) in his class. Mason is however the OLDEST!! In Katy all MDO programs go with the school district and don't start MDO programs until 15 months old so that puts Mason at the HEAD OF THE CLASS :) As we drove up to school Mason was saying, "NO SCHOOL, NO SCHOOL"...I was nervous to what that day was going to bring. I dropped him off and he cried so I sat for a sec while we played a puzzle together then one of his teachers distracted him and I made my exit. I took a peek in the window as I was leaving and he was perfectly content. A few things I was nervous about was him not eating or sleeping while he was there. I was anxious to pick him up to see how his day went. They give a written report at the end of each day with all they did. When I walked in he was playing and having a GREAT TIME! He ate semi good, he took a great nap and had a blast. We got to take a Birthday Snack since his birthday was the day before school started. He loved that HE took the Happy Birthday Snack...he could not stop talking about the Happy Birthday Snack when he got home. The teachers were commenting on how well he was talking and what a funny lil guy he was. I was happy to see that he showed his personality to them! Later that night I heard Mason say "March March March" and I looked over and he was marching lifting his leg! I NEVER march around the house! I asked the next day at MDO and they learned how to March in Music class...too cute! All in all he has had 1 1/2 successful days so far at school. The other 1/2 day we were evacuating to Austin and now this week school is CLOSED :( due to IKE! Next week, I look forward to seeing what else Mason learns from school.


1 comment:

whitney said...

Oh that boy is PRECIOUS - he is going to be a heartbreaker!!