Friday, October 03, 2008

2 Years and 25 Days


We SHARED!!! We have been talking about today for a while now. Today was the day we were going to "SHARE" our P, Paci, with the Ducks. I did not know what to 'think' about how this day would go. Mason has always LOVED his 'P'. But, I knew the day would come where we needed to be a big boy and cut the cord with the P. So today was the day! We had one last nap with it, one last car ride with it and then it was off to the park in our neighborhood. We also live on a lake, so the perfect opportunity arose to share our P with the ducks in the lake by the park. One by one Mason tossed his P into the water waiting for the ducks to come 'share' with him. It came time for his last on...his BLUE ONE!!! This one by far is his fav. Daddy gave it to him to toss like the others...BUT...Mason needed ONE LAST SUCK of his P! So he sucked away, took one last gaze at it...THEN...off it went to the ducks too! Such a GOOD BIG BOY! I was so proud of him....not the test of time (nap, night, and school) time that is. We have had a successful Night and Nap without the P and now we await next Tuesday to see how he fares without it. I know he will be just fine :) Did I mention...I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!!
**Sorry, you still have to tilt your head**

**Yes we did retrieve the P's from the lake and toss them in the trash**

8 comments:

allyo said...

Liar... I don't believe that you really got those out of the water. I am proud of Mason too. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Nedd Family said...

I can't believe you finally did it. That's awesome Mason is doing so well. Let me know how the next few days go! Ha.

The Logans said...

Let me know how it goes. I think I'll find somewhere that I don't have to go fishing them out of the water, but that was really really cute! Good luck with that no pain med thing, too. Luckily I had no problems with Kagen's delivery because I can't imagine going through it with no meds. I felt NO pain until after delivery and then it was horrible. I hope yours goes as painless as possible. I think you are very very brave.

Robert A Meacham said...

Mason is such a big boy. This video brings tears ...It is a rite of passage for him. We love him so.

Nanny & PaPa

whitney said...

That is such a big milestone for Mason! He is getting to be such a little man!! :)

Kimberly said...

Oh man, Creighton is turning two in two weeks and I just can't believe it's time to do away with his bink too. What a brave little fellow Mason was that day! I'll let you know how ours goes.

Kim and Gen said...

Wow. I live in fear of the end of Paci, or "Bopice" as A says... You are so brave!

Laura said...

100 days for baby two! I am excited. I heart Mason! Now if you can just teach L on the boob! Ha! Miss you, I get to see you in two days! YEAH!