Friday, October 03, 2008

I Went to the Hospital

Yesterday to visit a friend who just had her second baby. I did not think twice about driving up to the SAME hospital I had Mason in 2 years ago. When we walked in I was flooded with emotions...some GREAT and some NOT SO GREAT!!! Walking through the L&D floor and past the nursery I was anxious, nervous, and SCARED. It brought back the HORRIFIC memories of my labor with Mason. I was in that same hospital 2 years ago to have Mason and haven't been back since yesterday! I did not think it would have that effect on me, but thank goodness I will be delivering at the NEW Memorial Herman hospital here in Katy. I am not trying to be superwoman, but with what happened last delivery, I am choosing NOT to have an epidural or pain meds UNLESS I have to have a C-section. I just want a healthy lil girl that doesn't have to spend days in the NICU like Mason did. I know people may call me crazy AND I know my labor will more than likely not be repeated again, but I don't want the slightest chance of having to miss the first few days of my lil girl's life if I can help it. With that said....seeing all the LITTLE ones in the nursery and holding my friend's lil boy I couldn't help but get excited about the little girl growing in my belley :) She will be here so soon and I can't wait for her to meet her Big Brother and for us to see what this lil precious looks like. This pregnancy has flown by and we have yet to give her a name, or put together a nursery for her! By no means am I "ready" for her to arrive, but I can't wait because I know she will bring so much joy to our family.

**Before I went to the hospital and I dropped Mason off at school, Mason and I were practicing our "Trick-Or-Treat" in the car just to get him ready for Halloween! I just love how he says "Trick-Or-Treat".....please disregard my voice...I hate listening to my voice!

~sorry you have to tilt your head~

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are brave and it wont' happen again! YEAH! I can't wait to meet her either! And I LOVE that Mason MAN! He IS PRECIOUS!