Monday, March 23, 2009

Rodeo

Every Feb/March we get excited....it's RODEO time ;) Last year Mason had a blast watching the trail riders come through Katy and going to the rodeo. This year was a bit different since we have a new member to the family.... I did not attempt to take Mason to the rodeo with our playgroup by myself! We waited for Daddy to take off work and go with us. Let me just say our rodeo experience this year was DRAMA!


It started off GREAT! We started off at the petting zoo...Mason was hesitant at first but enjoyed feeding the animals. Daddy took him in to pet the animals while I fed Madelyn. Daddy did a great job getting do good action shots of Mason!












Then after the petting zoo we went to see the cows..and watch one getting milked. Can you spot Mason and Daddy?





From when Mason was itty bitty he loved TRACTORS!! SO, off to ride the big tractors. This was his favorite part of the Rodeo last year. He did not want to get off :)






















NOW FOR THE DRAMA!!! I needed some chap stick so I reached down to the bottom of my stroller to unpack the basket to get to my purse which was hidden at the BACK of the basket. Well...IT WAS GONE!!!!!!!!!!! Everything was in my purse, keys, ID, Credit Cards, phone...everything. There was NO way the purse just fell out...it was hidden behind the camera case, diaper bag, sling, and blanket. I retraced my steps...and knew it has to have been gone during the petting zoo. NO PURSE! The lady at the petting zoo did say a MOM can by and took this black purse (the color of my purse) that her daughter left. So I was off to lost and found to report my purse stolen!!! At this time I was in a PANIC...how were we going to get home...my credit cards...EVERYTHING! As I was walking into the lost and found room a Police officer was walking in with my purse! I was SOOO SHOCKED to see my purse and HAPPY! At first they asked for my ID to make sure that I was who I said and that it was my purse...HELLO...my ID was in my purse. SO they took one look at the ID (YES it was still there :) and decided it was me and handed over my purse. I rummaged through my purse to see what was missing...NOTHING...everything was still there in the same place it was left. I was LUCKY! It's a mystery...there was no way my purse fell out someone had to take it, but not quite sure who took it and ended up not stealing a single thing in my purse!




Now that the drama was over...back to the rodeo. We decided it was time to go to the carnival. We bought some tickets rode some rides and played basketball. Of course you can't go to a carnival without a Funnel Cake...Mason's favorite ;) Overall, the rodeo was a success, but I was ready to leave and get back home for a much needed nap :)






Yes..Madleyn is in the sling...she loves it :)

1 comment:

The Logans said...

Wow! I'm so glad you found your purse. Looks like the rodeo was a blast!