Thursday, March 19, 2009

2 Months

Times flies much faster with the 2nd one (so everyone says :)! I remember back to Mason's first few months...and they went quick, but not as quick as these last few have gone. Night and Day...that is all I have to say about my two babies :) Not only do I have a boy and girl (the obvious difference) I have two different babies that I LOVE dearly. That is a different post all in itself! Today Madelyn turned 2 months old! She is a VERY HAPPY baby...easy going, laid back, and full of smiles. She is a big lil girl :)
(We go to the doctor Thursday the 26th so I will update with her stats and pics.)

Eating: She eats every 3-4 hrs during the day. She is a great burper and doesn't spit up at all. I swear she would go forever all day and not eat if I did not make her. She is a quick eater..she will nurse for about 10 minutes total!!! At first I worried, but when she has had bottles I have pumped at least 4 ounces and she guzzles them down :)

Sleep: I like " routine," so we started early with Madelyn's bed time routine. I LOVE my sleep and you know with a newborn and lil one around...sleep is hard to come by. I hate to type this then Madelyn prove me wrong, but she is one HECK of a sleeper AT NIGHT that is :) She takes a little cat nap around six for about 45 minutes. Then when we put both Mason and Madelyn in the bath at around 7:45...sometimes earlier sometimes later :). Then Madelyn eats one last time around 8:15 she is swaddled then off to dreamland. I put her down around 8:45. She sleeps till 7:30am!! Sometimes she wakes around 5:30am but just for a little snack then back to sleep. That is right almost 12 hours!!!! She is one happy camper in the morning too! At first I did not swaddle Madelyn..she did not seem to like it, but momma did not like waking up because she was hitting herself in the face and waking herself up. When she would wake herself up I would think she was hungry and try to feed her. She would nurse for about 2 minutes just to fall fast asleep again. SOOO, I decided I was going to try swaddling again and WALAAAAA...she liked it and stayed asleep longer ;) YEAH for swaddling. (something Mason HATED with a passion)

Likes: Madelyn loves watching the ceiling fan, her mobile, and laying on her play mat. She "sometime" likes the swing :) She is very content when I put her in the baby sling. She will fall fast asleep. She likes the strolls we take while big brother rides his bike! She likes to be held too! She loves to burry her face when she is trying to fall asleep.

Dislikes: She is not a fan of being tired...when she is tired she will let you know then just a few minutes later she will be off to dreamland. She likes her paci, but at certain times....like when she is trying to fall asleep. Otherwise, she spits it out! She dislikes loud noises. She can tell when I leave the room. I left her in her swing to put something up and as soon as I left she started to cry. I quickly went back into the game room to see what was the matter and as soon as I walked in and said "baby sister girl" she got the hugest grin on her sweet lil face. Naps are not on the top of her list right now. She seems to cat nap all day unless we are on the go then she will sleep in her stroller or in the car. As long as I am getting good rest at night I am a happy camper ;)

The sweetest moments are right after she eats she looks up at me with those big brown eyes and gives me the cutest grin and sweetest giggles. She is irresistible :) I think I was much to nervous the first time around and did not get to fully enjoy all the little things and with the second I am finding myself soaking in every little smile, laugh, coo, cry! It is truly amazing how much they grow and learn in such a short time! I don't know how good of a "girl" mom I will be. I can't seem to remember to put bows in her hair...or put her MILLIONS of cute shoes on her. Boys are simple, shorts and a shirt and maybe a comb through the hair and we were good to go :) I am a girly girl though, but also a tomboy so I guess I will get the hang of getting my girl all dolled up. At least I don't have to worry about doing her hair for a while...she doesn't have much :) And by the looks of it...if she is like her daddy or momma she will have THIN FINE hair...poor girl!















No comments: