Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cheap Seats...

....I THINK NOT!!! April 30th Marcus and I headed to Louisville, Kentucky for the Derby! I have been once before and Marcus has been the past 4 years. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this trip and look forward to it each year! I have been to many sporting events and this by far is the most exciting!




Thursday: Arrived in Louisville and headed to the hotel for some relaxation before the next two busy busy days ahead.





Friday: The Oaks. I did not take pictures this day....but we had a blast. We had great seats and enjoyed watching the beautiful horses race all day long. However, we were unsuccessful picking winning horses!



Saturday: THE DERBY!!! Can I say we had the BEST seats ever!!! They were right on the finish line!!! We got up early...got all dressed, hat on, and headed out to Churchill Downs for the Derby. If you are ever in need of a cute dress...the Derby is where to eye shop. There are so many girls with the cutest dresses and hats! It is so much fun. We decided to just WATCH the races instead of betting since we had HORRIBLE luck at the Oaks. We sat by owners of horses and even saw a few celebs close by! As the day went on...we decided we would only bet on the Derby race. SOOO I got out the book picked my horses. Of course I picked by the names, kids birth dates...you know the important things. So our bets were placed. We waited, watched and enjoyed ourselves till the Derby race.



SHOW TIME: Everyone crowds around gets set to watch eyes on the Favorite, Fresian Fire! Well by this time I had forgotten which horses we had put money on and was just cheering on the winning horse :) The race came to an end and the #8 horse Mine That Bird won! Total LONG SHOT! I then realized WE WON!!!! I bet on the #8 and 19 horse because those were the dates Mason and Madelyn were born! It was even more of a bonus he had 50-1 odds :) So we cashed in our LUCKY ticket! What a ending to a fun time at the track! I can't wait for next year...I am going ALL OUT with a huge hat :) Thanks Brad and Shannon for a wonderful time at the Derby!



Our Seats...Right on the Finish Line







Adrian Brody




LeAnn Rimes is about to sing





Walking to get in the gates






And they are off!!!












After Mine That Bird won










Mine That Bird coming down the stretch to the Finish Line






Putting the blanket of Roses on Mine That Bird





Our $15.00 WINNING ticket!




(the only downside was pumping every few hours, but I managed...and of course WE MISSED MASON AND MADELYN TONS!!!!!! Thanks Nanny and Papa for taking good care of our lil ones while we were away :)



3 comments:

whitney said...

Thanks for placing our bets, even though it was on a loser :) Looks like y'all had another great Derby!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I was looking forward to this post! :) YOu are SO COOL at the Derby! :) I also love catching up on the other posts! YOur little girl is getting so big!!!!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

how fun!! your little one is getting so big!!! she looks like both of you! can def. see marcus but also you...she is absolutly precious!! i miss those baby days:)) love the disney on ice pics...i was going to take the girls when they came last month to dallas and never did...so wish i would have...we will def. have to catch that show next time they come to town b/c looked like too much fun:))))) love all of your posts...