Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bragging about my 2 MEN!!



1st: A lot has gone on in the past couple of weeks with my lil guy. At my appt. a few weeks ago I went to the doc. She measured my belly and I was not measuring. I was a couple weeks behind. It made me so nervous, so she sent me to ultrasound. It was awesome I got to see Mason again for the 5th time. When they measured him in ultrasound he was measuring in the belly, just not sure why my belly was not measuring on the outside. At that appt. he was 4lbs and moving all around. The doc said he was going to be a lil baby probably max 7 lbs. I went to my 34 week appt. yesterday and they scheduled me for another ultrasound (now my 6th which doesn't happen often). The picture above is of Mason yesterday. They measured him again to see if he was still growing and on target and we was. I was so glad to see him and hear he was a growing boy. He now weighs over 5lbs. The ultrasound lady said she saw a little hair on his precious head. He has never been a thumb sucker (or at least when I have had an ultrasound), but for pretty much the whole time we saw him he was holding his big toe and bringing it close to his head. It was too cute!! The countdown is on. I can't wait for his arrival. I guess I should pack my hospital bag soon.

2nd: Marcus has worked for BP (British Petroleum) ever since he was out of college. He is a natural gas trader. He absolutely loves his job and is great at it. I guess when you are gambling with other people's money it can't get better than that right?? Anyways, we have been waiting for a few weeks to hear about this new job position he interviewed for with a new company BG (British Gas). We finally heard last week that he got the job. It is a a great opportunity for him and I am very proud of him. He starts next week. The only downside is that he will have to drive to the Galleria area in Houston for work, which will probably take an extra 15 min or so to get there. This is a great move for him and us and I can't be more proud of him!

2 comments:

allyo said...

I am glad to hear that everything is going good with Mason...you look so good! I wish that I could have seen you at Laura's wedding! I could not make myself get into a car and driving that far when I wasn't feeling well. I know that you are ready, because I am about to go NUTS! Can't wait for a phone call;) Tell Marcus congrats. Love ya-MAV

Hollie Reese said...

Hey, I don't know if you remember me...I am Justin's wife. I found your blog through Ally's. I am so excited for you! Justin and I aways talk about you guys when we come to Houston.

Good luck with the baby! Congrats to Marcus on the new job!