Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mason Doesn't Skip a Beat!!


Well....we made it through Mason's surgery. He was such a trooper. Since Mason doesn't get up till around 7:30ish we had to start the day off by waking our sleeping boy. Then we headed off to the hospital. I was so nervous and anxious to get the surgery overwith. Mason was a ball full of energy while we talked to the docs and prepared for surgery. Bless his little heart...he did not know what was coming his way. FLASHBACK: His anesthesiologist was the same one who helped me when I had to head back to the hospital after having Mason when I had chemical meningitis. He was such a great doc...I was glad he was in good hands. One of the hardest parts was watching the docs take my lil boy away to the surgery room....he just looked at us LIKE why are they taking me away from my parents??? I stayed strong and only a few tears were let loose. Then we were off to WAIT!! Hard to do and felt like an eternity, but was only 30 min. long and the total surgery took 11 minutes. But the most heartbreaking part of the whole surgery was walking back after Mason was out of surgery and waking up from the anesthesia. He was crying...he did not know where he was...he was all swolen....and he just did not look like himself. I grabbed him and rocked him in the chair until we were discharged. I felt awful for him...I wish I could have taken his place in the room. When were released they gave us precautions and symptoms to watch for in the next 24 hrs. They said he will probably be clingy, fussy, nauseous, tired etc....they also said to make sure he doesn't get a rash which could be an allergic reaction to the meds. Well we got home and Mason was HUNGRY!! It was 9:00 and he had not been able to eat ALL day before the surgery. Well he sure did eat a whole banana, juice (only clear fluids) cheerios and he would have eaten more, but I did not want his stomach to get upset. Anyways, he was tired after he ate so he was off for a nap. Well he woke up like nothing had even happened to him. He was ready to play, eat, and have a great time. So needless to say he bounced back pretty quickly!! However, the next day he started to get a rash but bennadryl took care of that. So that brings us to today...he is happy, no rash and ready for what the week ahead holds....MEETING HIS NEW FRIEND LANEY :)






11 comments:

allyo said...

Andrea-I don't know how you did it...I teared up just reading your blog. I knew that he was super tough and would do great. Only Mason could make a hospital gown look sooo cute! Glad to know that everything went well. We miss you guys!

MAV

campers said...

awww poor baby! Glad he is ok....post pics of that sweet baby girl when you see her!

whitney said...

Ok, he is seriously the most precious thing EVER!!!! I love the picture of him running to Marcus!! It melts my heart :)

the thorntons said...

I'm so glad he did well during the surgery. What a tough little guy! You did a great job keeping it all together...I would've been a basketcase! Have SO much fun meeting Laney!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

he is soooo cute! soooo glad everything went well!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

yeah...we will be on bottom row! come see us!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

oh my gosh!!!! he is so sweet! i'm sorry you guys had to go through that. but, he is sure one cute kid!!!! he looks just like his momma!

Laura said...

Oh precious Mason, breaks my heart! I am glad that he made it through surgery and he has you as a super Momma! Love you! I was so happy to see you and so was little L!

Kelli said...

I'm glad everything went well! It was good to hear from you. Jenny sent me your blog, too, so I've checked in from time to time. Mason is PRECIOUS! I'm glad things are going so well for you and Marcus. Take care!

Robert A Meacham said...

Mason,
The flame of my heart. He is so cute. I cannot wait until I can play ball with him but for now I enjoy playing in the sprinklers with him. I adore my grandson

Robert A Meacham said...

Mason,
The flame in my heart. I cannot wait to play ball with my little man. For now, we play in the sprinklers in the backyard and that is okay by me.
Mason, PaPa love you.