Monday, October 01, 2007

When it rains it pours.....AND....Baby Laney Kate

WOW....these last few weeks have been nothing but crazy :) Mason has been a pretty healthy boy...the occasional congestion has been the only sickness Mason has really had. However, this past week was a little different. Sunday night Mason was not his normal self.....going to the restroom MUCH MUCH more than he usually does!! Then on Monday he just went down hill. Our son, WHO DOESN'T LIKE NAPS, was very lazy and slept tons. He did not have a fever when he woke that morning, but after his second nap he woke up with almost a 103 temp. I was very nervous...he was clingy and just laid his precious head on my chest from 2-6pm that day. During that time I called the doc to make an appt. and started pumping him with fluid!! Well we found out that he had the virus :( Bless his little heart!! I hate the virus and know he must have felt AWFUL!!! Thank goodness he only had the virus coming out of one end.....he pooed TONS!! His fever finally broke and was feeling SEMI better. I had already planned a trip to Austin to visit my parents (and see their new house...they just moved there) and to meet precious Laney Kate. Well, with Mason feeling better (I thought) we loaded up the car to head to Austin. Thank goodness it is a short 2 hr. drive ;) I got to Austin early Thursday and went directly to meet miss Laney. I did not take Mason....did not want to chance anything since he was just sick. Can I say she was the most precious little girl I have ever seen......OH and Laura the best lil mommy Laney can ask for. Laura, you are doing wonderful and Laney is so lucky to have you as her mom!! The strength you have shown in her fist two weeks amazes me!! During that visit my mom called to let me know she did not think Mason was doing well, so I rushed back to my parents to comfort my lil guy. This time...I just knew it was not the virus. He was stumbling when he walked and not walking straight and tugging at his ear!! We all know where this is going....YEP.....an ear infection. He also had bumps behind his ears which freaked me out, but ended up being swolen lymphnoads. I felt awful, but I had to leave Friday to fly to Abilene to host a baby shower for my friend Kristi. Thank goodness I came back early Saturday after the morning shower. Sunday we headed back to Katy and then Monday back to the doc. I bet they were tired of seeing me....I sure know I was tired of seeing them. After 4 straight days of travel I was beat!! Anyways, after a few days of rest we are BACK IN BUSINESS :) Thank goodness Marcus and I did not get the virus. Mason is as sillier as ever and learning new things by the minute!! He loves being outside so we jog in the jogging stroller every morning and ride in his new wagon every afternoon. You would think I would have lost TONS of weight, but I put a cookie in my mouth for every diaper I change ;) Enjoy the pics below of the last few weeks.

All smiles until the ear ache!!!

Starting to tug at his ear :(
How old are you Mason?
Mason just loves to ride in his Radio Flyer wagon!

The proud MOMMA :)

Precious and me
My parents' new pad
Me, Kristi, Whitney (Best Friends from College) at Krsiti's baby shower she is due with a boy Kagen in December ;)

5 comments:

Laura said...

You are so sweet! I was so sad not to see little Mason! I can't wait to see you again! AND I love your parents precious house! I can't wait to go see Pam! Love you!

The Logans said...

I had no idea how sick Mason had been. Poor baby. I'm glad you were still able to make it to Stamford for the shower. The shower was AWESOME by the way! It was great to see you, too. Tell Laura, Laney looks precious. Have a great week!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

pooor pooor mason!
i love your parents new pad!!!

whitney said...

I am so sorry Mason was so sick!! Poor thing!! Kristi's shower was great - I can't believe how many gifts she got! It was so good hanging out with you at Walmart at midnight in A-town too ;)

campers said...

pooor mason! so glad you got to see miss laney