Friday, January 09, 2009

39 Weeks and Overcautious

Today I turned 39!! 39 WEEKS. I have never seen 39 weeks before because I went into labor at 38 weeks with Mason. Last night I had a HORRIBLE headache. I took Tylenol and went to bed extra early in hopes it would go away. However, every time I would get up in the night and when I woke today it was STILL lingering. It was making me CRAZY!! After having toxemia/preeclampsia with Mason I am more than cautious when it comes to the first signs of this......headache that doesn't subside is one sign. Well, I called the doc. and she wanted me to come in and be monitored and have blood work done to see if there were signs of toxemia in my system. I was glad to be heading to the hospital "just in case"

So the doc calls and says go to the hospital where you wish to deliver and they will be ready for you and "just in case" we have the baby today! Ok...I thought....I am prepared RIGHT!?!?!? Well, my phone rang AGAIN and it was the doc. She proceeded to tell me I needed to go to the "OTHER" hospital Memorial City because Katy did not have any rooms. This is when I went into ANXIETY PANIC mode.....because this was the dreaded hospital I delivered Mason at and I was FOR SURE not going through that delivery again.

Long story short....I arrived at Memorial City got to the L&D floor for monitoring and blood work. Blood Pressure=CHECK, baby heart rate=CHECK, contractions= not many CHECK, blood work=CHECK Everything checked out PERFECT! No signs of toxemia/preeclampsia...I am free to go home...YES STILL WITH THIS DREADED HEADACHE :( So here I am in bed resting but wanting to be outside on this nice day playing with my son! So today I was overcautious but happy to hear everything still looks wonderful and we will soon meet Madelyn!

That leaves us still WAITING for Miss Madelyn to make her Debut! My next appt. is Monday...will I make it then or will I be holding my precious daughter in my arms?!?!?

So WHERE WAS MASON? My friend Laura and her son Hunter came to pick him up while I headed to the hospital where Marcus met me. Mason and Hunter play wonderfully together and they both were very very excited to spend the afternoon together :) Laura picked up McDonalds for lunch and took them to wear themselves out at her house running around playing in the back yard and in the playroom. Laura said when she had mentioned to the boys it was almost nap time Mason went to get his blanket and monkey, Hunter went to get his blanket and she found them in Hunter's room in his bed ready for nap!! TOOO CUTE!!! However by this time Marcus was on his way to pick Mason up and I was waiting to speak with my doc one last time before I headed home. Marcus got Mason and headed home for a LONG nap after a fun fun afternoon! Thank you again, Laura, for entertaining my son this afternoon.....he LOVED being at your house! :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you are being cautious nd everything is okay! I am sorry have that dang headache! And that you have to go this far into pregnancy, you don't realize how hard every single day is until you are there! Ugh, I remember. Praying for Miss MAdelyn to get her baby booty here!

whitney said...

Sorry about your headaches!!!! She will be here any day!! :)

The Logans said...

I'm so sorry about your headache. I have migraines, but LUCKILY didn't have one single headache my entire pregnancy. They came back the day I came home from the hospital, so people came to visit and only got to see Kagen because I was in my room in bed. My little Kagen was sick last night. Call me if you need to pass the time. I'm just sitting at home with him. I won't call you just in case you are sleeping. Good luck!