Monday, February 02, 2009

Scare!

Just only 8 days old Madelyn gives us a SCARE! I had just fed her 30 minutes before then put her down in the bassinet. It was dinner time and my mom had made pizza. Marcus had already gave Mason his and ate, so I grabbed a piece of pizza and headed upstairs to the game room to hang out with them. My mom was headed down to be with Madelyn...she had been in our room for not long at all ON HER OWN when my mom walked in to check on her!

She walked into Madelyn hiccuping and projectile vomiting ALL OVER! She picked her up and yelled out for us. Marcus RAN down the stairs while Madelyn continued to throw up and then SHE WENT LIMP...BREATHLESS!!! It is all such a blur now. I grabbed one phone and my mom grabbed another and we dialed 911! We were in such a panic...she was still lifeless...we jumped in the car the nearest hospital is not even a mile down the street! SO, we headed to the ER. We went straight back and by this time she had finally came to and was breathing and was calmly sleeping.

They checked everything out at the ER and she checked out PERFECT...lung x-rays, vitals, blood sugar...etc. She had just choked on some of her milk coming back up and when they vomit that much it can cause them to "FAINT" and go lifeless like she was!

As we were at the ER the police came to check things out....Mason was stirred up from all the comotion, but calmed down when the police came...he offered them a popsicle! :)

I have never experienced anything like that before and I sure don't want to EVER AGAIN...It was AWFUL...we are thankful she is HEALTHY and HAPPY today and we can't keep our eyes off of her :)

The next day she vomitted a few more time so I took her to the peditrician to check things out. Conclusion: I have A GOOD MILK SUPPLY!

6 comments:

Nedd Family said...

I am so glad Madelyn is okay! How scary. Hope things get back to normal for you guys soon! Can't wait to see you next.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Who knew you had so much milk Andrea! :) BLESS YOUR HEART! I can't imagine having to do that.

Laura said...

THE CREAM OF THE MILK! I remember when that happened to Laney and I flipped out! You were so good to take her to the hospital! It's funny that people like us that are not well endowed get so much milk!? What is that all about!!!!!!! LY! Glad I got to meet miss Madelyn! I LOVE HER!

Kim and Gen said...

Wow, how scary for you all to go through that. And to think she was just sleeping happily by the time you got to the er... Thank goodness she is ok!

The Logans said...

OMG! I'm so sorry. I'm glad she is okay. We have both had crazy weekends! My kiddo is okay. Just bad excema as we suspected. TTYL!

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO SCARY!! I'm so glad everything is a-ok now ... I would have flipped out!