Sunday, December 02, 2007

Smarty Pants


I know ALL moms think their child is smart....and they are!! It amazes me everyday how much Mason has learned in his short lil life. For instance:


Today:

Mason walks into the kitchen while I am cooking (YES that amazes me too...me cooking :)

He goes straight for the refrigerator points at it then says:

Mason: JUICE

Mom: Well go get your cup (in the living room with dad)

Mason leaves the the kitchen. I did not think he would come back...he had just had a full cup of milk.

Mason walks back CUP IN HAND and hands it to me!! Then says:

Mason: JUICE

I stand amazed at how much my lil guy knows, learns, comprehends just at 15months. I just had a conversation with my son and he totally understood!! What a big boy! I wonder just how much more he understands, but chooses not to listen to me :)


Here are some of the other things Mason is doing:


  • Get me his shoes in the laundry room when he wants to go outside

  • Go get his shoes out of his drawer when I say go get your shoes (HE LOVES HIS SHOES)

  • Point at his snacks when he is hungry

  • Gone to get his ball when I ask for it.

  • Points to all the dogs, hats, cars, noses, ears in books, on t.v., or when we are out

  • Comes to get my hand and takes me to what he wants

  • Points at pictures and calls mama and dada while he points at us

  • Blows kisses (my favorite)

As time goes by faster each month it amazes me to see how much Mason changes, grows and learns. We are forever blessed by this lil guy.



8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Don't you just love the part where they grab your hand and guide you. Among all the smart things my thirteen month old, Creighton does, that's one of my favorites!

Of course, I love hearing him say momma too.

Your little guy is precious.

I don't even know who I ran across your blog from- but we graduated with Marcus!

Laura said...

AHHH! Precious!I love that little Andrea! And I can't wait for all of that, although time goes by way too fast! I can't believe how smart mason is! I still can't get over walking at 9 months! I miss you friend!

whitney said...

WOW....I can't believe how much Mason is growing up!!! He has changed so much since I saw him last March!!! Please bring him to Lubbock this winter so we can hang out :)

the thorntons said...

He IS smart! I think it will be amazing to actually have a conversation with my kids one day. He is just getting cuter & cuter!

Anonymous said...

he looks like his dad :)

Anonymous said...

I agree anonymous, he looks like his dad

Anonymous said...

I see his mamma in there too!

Anonymous said...

Ganny D says he is the smartest lil guy around.