Friday, September 30, 2011

No Training Wheels

This summer was so hot…it was not enjoyable to be outside for extended periods of time unless we were soaking in the pool.  Mason kept asking and asking if we would take his training wheels off his bike….with us being out of town so much too…we FINALLY were able to take them off!  Right before his 5th birthday we stripped the bike of the training wheels, suited Mason up in head to toe gear and sent him off!  Marcus worked with him for quite a while one Saturday afternoon.  By early evening Mason was a confident 2 wheeled bike rider.  The next step was teaching him how to start and stop by himself.  That Sunday he hopped back on the bike and mastered stopping and starting in no time.  My mom said when I learned to ride a bike I wouldn’t stop my bike…when I was ready to get off I would just JUMP!  I’m glad he has decided against that ;)  I am so glad he loves to be outside riding his bike and playing…Madelyn however is my homebody who loves some TV!

 

meachamvaca11 388 meachamvaca11 304 meachamvaca11 307 meachamvaca11 308 meachamvaca11 324 meachamvaca11 335 meachamvaca11 343 meachamvaca11 345 meachamvaca11 359 meachamvaca11 364 meachamvaca11 366 meachamvaca11 372 meachamvaca11 374

No comments: