Sunday, May 06, 2012

Herding Kittens

That’s what 3yr old soccer feels/looks like :)  This spring and friend and I had an AMAZING idea….”let’s put our 3 yr olds in soccer!” So we did!  We were placed on an all girls soccer team New England and anticipated our first practice.  Well…let’s just say it was like herding kittens the first practice.  I thought to myself…what did I get us into now :) I honestly contemplated calling the YMCA and making excuse after excuse to withdraw Madelyn from soccer…HOWEVER…I stuck with it and I’m glad I did!  The first game came around and the girls did AWESOME!  She did twirl her pig tales the whole game, but she did not run off crying, or refuse to participate.  She go in the game, ran around with the crowd and even kicked the ball a few times!  With the season coming to an end…Madelyn has done great and well over exceeded my expectations :)  She has scored several goals, can keep up with the older girls most of the time, and enjoys herself!  I am glad we stuck it through!  She loves having her friends on her team!

baseballsoccer12 135 baseballsoccer12 059 baseballsoccer12 060 baseballsoccer12 062 baseballsoccer12 070 baseballsoccer12 073 baseballsoccer12 076 baseballsoccer12 077 baseballsoccer12 078 baseballsoccer12 079 baseballsoccer12 081 baseballsoccer12 082 baseballsoccer12 093 baseballsoccer12 123 baseballsoccer12 129

No comments: