Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thank God for Grandparents













What would we do without our parents!! There are no other people in the world that jump at the chance to stay up ALL night, change DIRTY diapers, and SMILE the whole time. I am very thankful for Mason's grandparents. He is so lucky to have them in his life. They love him more than anything. I am luck too!! Marcus and I just went on a little vacation to Las Vegas and Nanny and Papa (my parents) kept Mason over the weekend and they had a blast. Everytime the grandparents come for the weekend and have to leave they have tears in their eyes. I do wish we all lived closer to share these precious times more often.

As for Marcus and I....it was really hard to leave Mason. I did shead many many tears. The only thing that kept me from going nuts was knowing he was in great hands. I did call about every hour just to hear my little guy laugh, cry, eat or even snore while he was sleeping. We did have a great time just the two of us in Vegas. We went to a show, ate, got massages, and relaxed. I went to Neimans and got a make over for a new post baby look. The lady who did my makeover had just done Jewl's makeup a few months before. I ended up buying all the makeup...I just loved it. It was a relaxing getaway, but I was happy to come home and wrap my arms around Mason.

4 comments:

WhitneyandRandy said...

Randy and I REALLY wish we could have gone to Vegas with y'all!! But, I'm glad that you and Marcus had some alone time together.....you deserved it! We will definitely go to Vegas sometime soon together :)

campers said...

ahhh Pam looks so good! I am sure y'all had a much needed vacation. WE were in Vegas in May....so much fun! We stayed at Excalibur...I had never been...It is such a sight!!! Glad y'all had fun!

Laura said...

I am glad you are back home to your baby! I bet you did miss him so much! I hope you won me some money for NYC! Miss you friend, see you soon!

ThePoeFam said...

I already know that I'm going to feel the same about our 'grandparents!' .... And, good for you getting away with your husband to Vegas! Matt and I went 2 summers ago and it was so fun! :) Glad you took some time for you!